Cajun king prawns with chicory salad, croutons and lime dressing
Author: Matei Baran
- 2 slices white or brown bread
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 large heads chicory
- 100g tinned mixed beans, drained
- 100g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- juice of 1 lime
- 16 king prawns, de-veined and peeled
- 2 tsp cajun spice mix
- 50g butter
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- For the croutons, preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4, cut the bread into small cubes, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins until crisp and golden.
- For the salad, wash the chicory leaves and place in a mixing bowl with the drained salad beans and sweetcorn.
- Squeeze over ¾ of the juice from 1 lime and a dash of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, mix and add the croutons.
- For the prawns, heat a frying pan with a little olive oil, add the prawns, cajun spice and butter and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 mins, finishing with the remainder of the lime juice.
- To serve, put salad onto a plate, top with prawns and drizzle over some of the cooking juice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.