Butternut squash and parsnip soup
Author: Catriona MacDougall, Cook Yourself Happier
- splash of olive oil
- ½ medium-sized onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ⅓ of a medium-sized butternut squash, diced
- 2 parsnips, diced
- root ginger, grated (to your preference)
- 400ml vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and fry until soft, then add the crushed garlic.
- Add the diced squash, parsnip and a little grated ginger. Stir well.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and gently simmer. You can add a little more stock here if needed.
- When the vegetables are soft (approx 30 mins), remove the pan from heat and blitz with a hand blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, reheat as needed, and serve.