Blackberry & pear crumble
- 450g pears, peeled, cored, quartered and sliced
- 300g blackberries, picked over and washed
- 100g granulated sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g ground almonds
- 50g oats
- Heat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Place the pears and blackberries in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the sugar and set aside.
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl, add the butter and rub in until you have a mixture which resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the caster sugar, almonds and oats and combine.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit.
- Bake at 180C/Gas 4 for 35-40 mins until golden.
- Serve warm with double cream or vanilla ice cream.