Mackerel with tomato sals on toast
- 6 shallots, peeled and sliced finely
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- 8 smoked mackerel fillets
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- To make the dressing, combine half the sliced shallots with the capers, oil, vinegar and lemon juice and set aside.
- For the salsa, mix together the tomatoes, the remaining shallots, the parsley and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Heat the grill and cook the mackerel fillets skin side first until cooked through. While the fish is cooking, toast the bread.
- To serve, pile a spoonful of the salsa onto each slice of toast.
- Cut each mackerel fillet in half and pile the two halves on top of the salsa then drizzle with the dressing.