Creamy pea soup
Author: Aimee Ryan for Wallflower Kitchen
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery, roughly chopped
- 450g frozen peas
- 50g raw cashews
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the onions and garlic until softened.
- Add the chopped leek and celery and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Stir in the peas and cashews, then add the stock and balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 mins.
- Transfer to a blender and whiz until smooth.
- Ladle the soup into four serving bowls and top with a swirl of dairy-free cream or soy yoghurt.