The ultimate power breakfast hot smoked salmon & watercress frittata
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 150g watercress
- 150g hot smoked salmon (vegan option - chickpeas or roasted sweet potato)
- zest of half a lemon
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 10 large free-range eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche (vegan option - thick soya yoghurt)
- 25g feta cheese, thinly sliced (vegan option - coconut cream cheese)
- Preheat your grill.
- Warm the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan with an ovenproof handle and sauté the spring onions over a gentle heat for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the watercress and stir gently until the watercress begins to wilt.
- Remove the skin from the hot smoked salmon and flake it in pieces into the pan.
- Add the lemon zest and dried chilli.
- In a bowl, season the eggs generously with salt, black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg, add the crème fraîche and whisk until combined.
- Pour into the pan and cook over a gentle heat, moving the mixture around with a spatula every now and then, until the bottom of the frittata is set and the top is still wobbly.
- Scatter over the feta cheese, pop under the grill for another 2-3 mins to finish cooking the top, and serve.