Roast beetroot dip with Chantenay carrots
Serves: 2 small jars
- 500g medium beetroot, cleaned, trimmed and left unpeeled
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- juice ½ lemon
- sea salt and black pepper
- Chantenay carrots, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Wrap each beetroot in foil and place in a baking dish.
- Roast for 45-60 mins until tender.
- Leave to cool, unwrap and peel off skins.
- In a dry frying pan, roast cumin and coriander seeds over a low heat until they pop, taking care not to burn.
- Crush seeds in a pestle and mortar. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse till smooth.
- Season well, taste and add more lemon juice if required.
- Serve with raw Chantenay carrots.