Appetite Magazine is a product published by Offstone publishing. Offstone Publishing will operate as a Data Controller regarding any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) we gather from you.
This policy sets out the following;
- The type of Data we collect
- How we use your Personal Data
- When, and How we share that Data
- How we protect your Personal Data
- Your rights and choices regarding your Data
- Legal basis for processing Data
Types of Data
In order for us to carry out services, that you have opted to receive, we may need the following information;
- Your Name and Address
- Personal contact information such as email address
- Information relevant to any customer survey and/or offers and competitions
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests, where relevant
We use this data in order to;
- Carry out services required / opted in
- Process the data required for providing the service(s)
- We may use the information to improve our products/ services that we provide to you
- Prepare documentation for the relevant authorities as and when required by UK Law
Sharing Your Data
In order to carry out provide the requested services to you we use carefully selected contractors and specialists to collect your data and to provide marketing automation to help us manage emails and ad campaigns. Although your Data may be hosted with this service no Data Processing is carried out by them at any time. We only share information where required by law or with these carefully selected contractors and specialists to help us provide our services.
- We only share data with other companies who are GDPR compliant.
- We are careful to minimise such sharing.
We may also share your personal Data if;
- The Law or a public authority says we must share that data
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk)
- to any other successors in title to our business
Legal Basis for Processing your Data
Your Data will only be processed by Offstone Publishing in order to send you emails around services that you have requested from us. These emails will only relate to products published by Offstone publishing and if opted will also be used to send you promotional emails from carefully selected, relevant advertisers.
How we protect your Data
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and we enforce physical access controls to our building and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to your data for employees who need it in order to carry out their job responsibilities
- We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. We may, on occasion, ask for proof of identity before sharing your personal data with you
- Whilst we take appropriate technical and procedural measures to safeguard your personal data please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us
- Your Data may be transferred to, and stored at a, destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We will put in place appropriate protections and safeguards to ensure your data is adequately protected.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the right to see the personal data we hold about you, under the GDPR this is called a subject access request. If you wish to see this data then please inform us in writing via our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please inform us if you believe any of the data we hold regarding you is inaccurate and we will update that data accordingly.
You also have the right to ask us to delete all personal data we hold about you. Again please submit this request via email.