This stuffing is a family favourite which is great for lunch on Christmas Day.
Parichat Somsri-Kirby's Cranberry and prune stuffing
- 50ml olive oil
- 112g pancetta, diced
- 100g onion, finely chopped
- 30g butter
- 375g pork sausage meat
- 60g prunes, quartered
- 60g dried cranberries, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 100g soft white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- 5g black pepper
- 50g salt
- freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 20g sage, chopped
- 30g parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan on a high heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until light brown.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 mins until soft.
- Add the butter and sausage meat and cook for 5 more mins.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Add the prunes, drained cranberries, breadcrumbs, egg and parmesan then mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to mix well.
- Grease a deep ovenproof tray with butter.
- Place the stuffing in the tray and bake for 20-25 mins.