Fat Hen Frittata on common mallow with sorrel mayo
- large knob butter
- 3 onions finely sliced
- 6 eggs, plus one for mayonnaise
- splash of milk
- 4 handfuls fat hen leaves
- big handful sheep sorrel leaves
- good squeeze lemon
- 280ml olive oil
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- bunch common mallow leaves
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a medium non-stick frying pan and add the sliced onion with a pinch of salt. Cook on a low to medium heat until the onion is soft and slightly golden. Whisk eggs with the milk and season. Add the fat hen to the onions and make sure there is an even coverage of the pan with the onion and fat hen mix.
- Pour over the egg mix, swirling to make sure all the gaps are filled and gently patting down any fat hen and onion into the pan. After 2 mins release the edges of the frittata from the pan using a spatula. Once the top of the frittata is almost set, flip onto a plate and shimmy back into the frying pan to cook for a further minute. Put to one side. Put the sorrel in the food processor and pulse until chopped but not puréed and remove from blender. Add one egg, a pinch of salt and the lemon juice to the blender and blend till smooth. While the blender is running slowly, trickle in the oil until fully incorporated, finally adding the chopped sorrel and blend until mixed in. Cut frittata into cubes, place on the common mallow leaves, top with sorrel and serve.