Ella's turkey meatballs with linguine carbonara
Author: Matei Baran
- 2 white onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 500g minced turkey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper
- small bunch fresh dill
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 500g linguine pasta
- olive oil
- 100g diced pancetta
- 400ml double cream
- 100g parmesan, grated or shaved
- For the turkey balls, preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3.
- Finely dice 1 onion and 4 cloves garlic.
- Place in a bowl with the turkey mince.
- Add turmeric, salt and pepper, and mix really well.
- Add chopped dill and the egg, and mix again.
- Form mixture into small balls and place on a greased oven tray.
- Bake in the oven for 25 mins.
- For the pasta, bring a deep saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add salt and a splash of oil, add the pasta, cook until soft with a little bite, stirring from time to time so it doesn’t stick together.
- Drain the pasta and stir through a drizzle of olive oil.
- For the carbonara sauce, finely dice the remaining onion and garlic.
- Put a little olive oil in a frying pan, place over a moderate heat, add the pancetta, onions and garlic and fry until crisp and golden.
- Remove excess fat, pour the cream over and reduce by half.
- Add the pasta to the carbonara sauce, mix and divide into 4 bowls.
- Place 3-4 turkey balls on top of each and sprinkle over grated or shaved parmesan.