Aubergine, tomato and shallot pide
Author: Pam Lloyd for ukshallot.com
- Pizza dough made from a 145g packet
- 2 echalion shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp yoghurt
- A squeeze of lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Pomegranate seeds
- Fresh mint
- Salt &pepper
- Make your pizza dough as the packet instructions and set to one side.
- Sauté the chopped shallots in the olive oil for 10 mins until golden, add the garlic and spices and cook for another 2 mins.
- Add the chopped aubergine and tomatoes, stir, cover and cook for 10 mins or until the aubergine is soft.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Divide the dough into four and roll each ball into a long oval shape. Pinch the ends together to make a boat shape. Transfer to an oiled baking sheet.
- Divide the vegetable mixture between the four pides, rolling the edge over a little to hold it in.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile combine the yoghurt, lemon, mint and garlic to make the dressing.
- Remove the pides from the oven, leave to cool slightly, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and mint and serve with the yoghurt dressing.