Tenderstem, rye kernel and tarragon salad
- for the salad:
- 300g Tenderstem
- 150g västerbotten cheese (or feta)
- 100g rye kernels or freekeh
- 3 small spring onions, roughly chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely sliced
- handful of chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper
- for the vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- Cook grains according to pack instructions and leave to cool.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Blanch the Tenderstem in boiling water until just tender (3-4mins).
- Add all the salad ingredients, including the Tenderstem, to a bowl and crumble in your chosen cheese, then season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad just before serving.