Prawn and freekeh salad
Cook’s tip: Delicious served with a spoonful of natural yoghurt or crème fraîche and a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts.
- 150g freekeh
- 1tbsp butter
- 8 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- 150g cooked tiger or king prawns
- handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon
- Soak the freekeh in cold water for 5mins, drain and rinse under running water and allow to drain well.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the shallots and sauté over a medium heat for approx 5mins until softened.
- Add the freekeh and vegetable stock and simmer gently for 10-20mins.
- Sometimes the freekeh needs a little longer, but remember it has a slightly chewy, nutty texture and taste.
- Add the Tenderstem, cover and cook for a few minutes, turn the heat off and allow everything to steam under the lid in the residual heat for another 5mins, then leave to cool a little.
- Stir in the prawns, parsley and a good squeeze of lemon juice, and season to taste.