North East Hotel Association Excellence Awards celebrate outstanding achievements
The North East Hotel Association’s Excellence Awards have celebrated the region’s leading hospitality professionals.
The masquerade-themed gala dinner attracted more than 400 attendees to celebrate the excellence of the association’s teams across 11 award categories.
Comprising 50 leading hotels, NEHA is a beacon of support and camaraderie for hoteliers, advocating for positive changes within the industry. Under the leadership of co-chairs Anna Wadcock, general manager of Maldron Hotel Newcastle, and Sarah Harrison, general manager of Delta by Marriott Newcastle Gateshead, NEHA also continues to champion skills training and talent acquisition within the industry.
Anna said: “We were thrilled with the event’s turnout and the evening itself; it was a remarkable celebration of the extraordinary hospitality talent from within the region. Events like these wouldn’t be possible without the support of our exceptional sponsors, many of whom have been with us throughout the history of the awards, and we are sincerely grateful for their contributions.”
The award winners were:
• Warmest Welcome – Andrew Raine of Rockliffe Hall (sponsored by Neaby Taxis)
• Best Newcomer – Lukas Common of Vermont Hotel (sponsored by NECC)
• Culinary Excellence – Paul Nicholson of Rockliffe Hall (sponsored by Crosby Catering Services)
• Sales Excellence – Kemoy Small of Hotel du Vin (sponsored by Destination North East England / NGI)
• Service Excellence – Jake Coventry-Peters of Sandman Signature (sponsored by Ringtons)
• Inspirational Leader – Amanda Jennings (sponsored by The Roberts Family)
• Special Award for Services to the Hospitality Industry – Neal Crocker
• Cleanliness Award – Sarah Johnson & Team of Staybridge Suites (sponsored by Fishers)
• Support Services Award – Jacqui Cairns of Holiday Inn Gosforth Park (sponsored by Molson Coors)
• Rising Star Award – Rachel Willoughby of Hotel Indigo Durham (sponsored by Expedia)
• Eco Award – Ivor Godfrey & the maintenance team of Rockliffe Hall (sponsored by SOS)