Blueberry and raspberry smoothie
Revitalise yourself with this vitamin and antioxidant bursting berry juice. Full of natural sugars, it will soon boost energy levels.
- 225g or about ¼ red cabbage
- 225g or1 large beetroot trimmed, scrubbed
- 175g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
- 2 tsp runny honey
- Cut the red cabbage and beetroot into small pieces and then press them through an electric juicer to a pulp.
- Purée the raspberries and blueberries with a little of the red cabbage and beetroot juice in a liquidiser until smooth then add the remaining juice and sweeten to taste with honey.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately or pour into a sports drinks container, seal well and take to the gym for a post-workout energy boost.