Shallot, courgette & asparagus salad
- 250g bunch asparagus
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 small courgettes, sliced into discs
- 100g feta, broken into small pieces
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 4-5 sprigs tarragon, leaves roughly chopped
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp crème fraÎche
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the asparagus for 2-3 mins. Add the shallots to the pan for 30 secs then drain and run the vegetables under cold water.
- Drain again and put into a salad bowl with the courgette, feta, poppy seeds and tarragon.
- For the dressing, place the juice of the lemon, oil, mustard and crème fraÎche in jar with a screw top. Season and shake to combine. Drizzle over the salad and toss well. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.