Cranberry and goat’s cheese filo parcels
- 250g fresh cranberries
- 100g caster sugar
- ½orange, juice and zest
- 10 x 30x26cm filo pastry sheets (approx 220g packet)
- 200g goat’s cheese
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- rocket leaves
- Put the cranberries in a saucepan with the sugar and add the orange zest and juice.
- Bring to a simmer and cook gently for 8-10 mins until the cranberries soften.
- Leave to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Make the parcels by placing a sheet of filo pastry on a work surface.
- Brush each sheet with a little olive oil, place another sheet on top, brush evenly with a little more oil.
- Cut into four squares.
- Place a 10g chunk of goats cheese in the middle of each square and top with a small teaspoonful of the cranberry sauce, fold the pastry around the filling and scrunch the top so it holds together, brush all over with olive oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Continue until you have used all the filo sheets and goat’s cheese.
- Reserve the remaining cranberry sauce to serve with the parcels.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 mins until golden and crisp.
- Serve warm with an extra spoonful of cranberrry sauce and garnished with rocket leaves.