Strawberry oven-baked risotto with buttermilk
- unsalted butter to grease
- 250g strawberries
- 1 litre buttermilk
- 100g soft brown unrefined cane sugar
- zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 200g arborio or carnaroli risotto rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 250ml fresh cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
- Butter a small roasting tin or Pyrex dish.
- Hull strawberries, chop and set aside.
- Combine buttermilk, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Scatter rice and strawberry pieces evenly across the buttered tin/dish.
- Break the cinnamon stick into two and place, set apart, in the tin.
- Pour the milky liquid evenly over.
- Bake for 30 mins, until the rice is soft and the top browned (Cover with foil if it browns too fast).
- When ready, remove from the oven and rest for 5 mins.
- Serve with double cream.