Peaches in Cointreau
- 450g fresh peaches
- 225g sugar
- 300ml water
- 150ml (approx.) Cointreau
- To skin the peaches, plunge them in boiling water for 2 mins, remove and gently rub off the skin.
- Halve and remove stones.
- Dissolve half the sugar in water, add peaches and simmer 5 mins.
- Remove peaches from the syrup and place in sterilised jars (Kilner jars are best).
- Put the syrup back on the hob, add the remaining sugar and simmer gently until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to 110C (use a thermometer), set aside to cool.
- Pour the syrup into a measuring jug and add the same amount of Cointreau.
- Pour over the peaches, put on lids and store for 2 months.