White chocolate and cranberry truffles
- 150g fresh cranberries
- 3 tbsp Cointreau
- 1 tsp granted orange zest
- 500g white chocolate, suitable for cooking
- 600g double cream
- 25g unsalted butter
- Put the cranberries, Cointreau and orange zest in a pan, bring to a simmer and cook until softened and syrupy.
- Leave to cool.
- Chop or break 300g of the chocolate into small pieces and put into a heatproof bowl.
- Place the cream and butter in a small saucepan, heat until just about to boil, pour over the chocolate and stir until melted.
- If the chocolate doesn’t melt with the heat of the cream, place it over a saucepan of simmering water for a few minutes and stir until the chocolate melts.
- Stir in the cranberries, leave to cool, then refridgerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- With a small spoon or melon baller, scoop spoonfuls of the mix and roll into balls, then pop into the freezer for 30 mins.
- Melt remaining chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Place each ball on a fork and dip into the melted chocolate, swirling until coated, place on a sheet of baking parchment and leave to set in the fridge.
- Best served straight from the fridge.