- ¼ jam jar/Kilner jar rolled oats
- ¼ jam jar/Kilner jar milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- topping of your choice - eg frozen berries / banana / figs / granola / nuts / honey etc
- Overnight oats are just like porridge, only so much better (in our opinion!). Rather than cooking up your porridge in the morning, simply soak rolled oats overnight in milk and/or yoghurt with your choice of topping and leave in the fridge overnight. Frozen berries make a good topping because as they thaw the juices seep into the oats. Banana works beautifully, as do most fresh fruits, and some swear by peanut butter. For extra crunch, add some granola before serving and drizzle over some honey for extra sweetness. Experiment with the amount of milk/yoghurt you add (some prefer it denser, some prefer it extra creamy) and soak in a cereal dish covered with clingfilm, a Tupperware box, jam jar, Kilner jar or similar.