Marinated oven-baked chicken with roasted shallots and peppers
- 8 chicken thighs
- 150ml pot natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 12 shallots, peeled
- 4 mixed peppers - red, yellow & green, quartered, seeds and core removed
- Make cuts in the skin of the chicken thighs to let the marinade penetrate.
- Mix together the yoghurt and harissa paste, toss into the chicken and leave to marinate in the fridge for 20 mins or for several hours, if time.
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in an ovenproof casserole or roasting tin.
- Add the peppers and shallots, sprinkle with a little oil.
- Cook for approx. 35 mins until the chicken is golden and cooked through and the shallots and peppers are nicely roasted.
- Delicious served with baby new potatoes t or couscous mixed with finely chopped fresh coriander, mint and chopped dried apricots.