Hooba ‘chorizo’ sausage with cannellini bean sauce
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed red chilli
- 1 tsp red bell pepper flakes
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin canellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 12 Hooba chorizo-style sausages
- steamed greens to serve
- Heat a frying pan over medium-low heat and add 1tbsp olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until soft, then add the garlic, chilli and bell pepper flakes, and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 mins. Add the beans and capers and simmer for 5 mins or until the mixture thickens. Season with pepper and add half the parsley.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add a little olive oil and cook the sausages 2-3 mins each side or until cooked through. Divide the sausage among serving plates. Top with the cannellini bean mixture and remaining parsley. Serve with steamed greens.