Cheesecake with cranberry glaze
- For the base:
- 250g crushed digestive biscuits
- 110g melted butter
- For the filling:
- 500g full fat cream cheese
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- For the glaze:
- 3-4tbsp water
- 50g sugar
- 100g fresh cranberries
- 3 tbsp orange marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 3.
- Line the bottom of a 20cm spring form or loose bottom cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- To make the base, mix the melted butter into the crushed biscuits and press into the tin with the back of a spoon.
- Mix both the cheeses, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest and juice and beat until well blended.
- Spoon into the base and smooth the top with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour, then switch the oven off (without opening the door), leaving the cheesecake inside for a further 2 hours.
- Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Run a knife around the sides, then remove the outer spring form tin.
- Turn the cheesecake out upside down onto a plate and remove the bottom of the tin and the paper.
- Place a serving plate over the base and invert to the right way up.
- Put the cranberries in a pan with the water and sugar and boil gently for 5-10 mins until the berries start to burst.
- Add the marmalade, bring back to the boil, stirring occasionally to mix well.
- Cool completely, spoon over the cheesecake, then refrigerate until ready to serve.