Goat’s cheese beignets, tomato fondue and peas
Author: Bouchon Bistrot
- 90g butter
- 225g water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and black pepper
- 115g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 250g Sainte Maure de Touraine goat’s cheese, crumbled
- To serve
- tomato fondue
- garden peas
- Place the butter, water, garlic and salt and pepper into a pan and bring to the boil, making sure the butter is fully melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the flour to form a panade (a starchy paste) - mixing energetically with a spatula.
- Return to the heat for approx. 30 secs to dry the mixture.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold the goat’s cheese into the mixture until smooth.
- Set aside in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- To serve, use two spoons to form quenelles, making 3 per serving.
- Drop each quenelle into a deep fat fryer for approx. 3 mins until cooked in the centre.
- Dress plates with a warm tomato fondue and peas, then add the beignets.