These are an easy way to use up that leftover turkey.
Gary MacLean's turkey and cranberry spring rolls
- 200g turkey leftovers
- 1 stick celery
- ½ red onion
- 8 mange tout
- ½ carrot
- ½ small leek
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 50g cranberry sauce
- 8 sheets of spring roll pastry
- 1 egg + 20ml milk (eggwash)
- sunflower oil
- Cut all the vegetables into fine strips and mix together.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, add 1 tbsp oil and sauté ½ the vegetables on a high heat for 2-3 mins.
- Pour veg into a colander over a bowl to drain off fat then repeat with the other half of the veg.
- Mix turkey and veg together.
- Add soy sauce, season and add cranberry sauce.
- Place a pastry sheet on a clean work surface.
- Spoon 2 tbsp turkey mixture diagonally across the centre of each sheet, leaving a 4cm border at each end.
- Brush the corners and sides with egg wash.
- Fold in the ends and roll up firmly to enclose filling and make a 10cm-long spring roll.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry and turkey mixture.
- Shallow fry in a little oil until crisp and golden.