Emanuele Lattanzi's Roman-style roasties
- 1kg Rooster potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 250g pancetta, diced
- 50ml red wine
- 50ml chicken stock
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Boil potatoes in salted water for 5 mins, remove and drain.
- In a separate frying pan on a low heat, add a glug of olive oil and the onions.
- Leave for 10 mins to soften, then add the pancetta and fry until crispy.
- Pour in the red wine.
- Once the wine has evaporated, add the chicken stock, bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- In a bowl, mix the potatoes with the contents of the frying pan, the rosemary, garlic, pepper and olive oil.
- Place in a roasting dish and put in oven at 180C/Gas 5 for around 40 mins or until crisp and golden.
- Finish with chopped flat leaf parsley. Buon appetito!