Chicken shashlik salad
- 4 chicken breasts in bite-sized chunks
- 8 small shallots, peeled and halved (quartered if large)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4tsp honey
- 1tsp cumin
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Butterhead lettuce, shredded
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cucumber
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- ½ lemon
- 4 flatbreads or large wraps
- Put chicken chunks and shallots into a bowl and drizzle with half the oil, honey, cumin and garlic. Toss well and leave to marinate for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, if you’re using wooden kebab sticks soak them in water and light the BBQ. Shred lettuce, slice avocado and cucumber and halve tomatoes. Make dressing by combining lemon juice with remaining oil and season. Thread meat and shallots onto 8 kebab sticks and when the BBQ is ready to use, cook for 10-15 mins turning frequently.
- When chicken is almost cooked, heat flatbreads on both sides on the BBQ. To serve, toss salad in the dressing then pile on top of the flatbreads and top with 2 kebabs. Give the kebabs an extra squeeze of lemon juice and serve. Note: If it’s not barbeque weather the kebabs can be cooked on a griddle, in a frying pan or grilled. (recipe: www.makemoreofsalad.com)